Pizza is an Italian dish that has found universal love! Typically made from wheat dough, with a range of vegetables, meats and cheeses smothered in a tomato-based sauce, pizzas are a go-to food option for people of all age groups. In India, we have found our own ways of adapting pizza to our taste buds and palate. Although we love classic pizza, it’s not the healthiest food out there. So we wondered if there were any ways to make healthy pizza! We came across an interesting millet pizza recipe that promises to be rich in taste and healthy.
Well, millets have been considered healthy for years. They are currently in the spotlight again as 2023 is marked as the International Year of Millet. Health experts and the government are all in favor of promoting the use of millet for its myriad health benefits.
From being abundantly rich in vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids and fiber to being considered a superfood for managing weight loss, diabetes, PCOS and thyroid issues – there are many reasons why millet can be a great addition to your diet.
For more health benefits of millets, click! But if you can’t wait long enough to find out how to make healthy pizza at home with millets, scroll down!
Make Your Own Healthy Millet Pizza With This Recipe
Chef Meghna Kamdar, popular on social media as Meghna’s Food Magic, has shared a delicious millet pizza recipe that she makes at home. She uses Bajra Atta or Pearl Millet for this recipe. Explaining the benefits of bajra, she shares, “Bajra is good for weight loss, diabetes management, hair, nails and skin.
Now come teach us this gluten-free pizza recipe. This is a mini pizza version.
For the pizza base
* 1 cup bajra or pearl millet
* A pinch of salt and a little water
* A little dry bajra flour
* Pizza topping
* Grated cheese
*Vegetable garnishes of your choice
Millet Mini Pizza Recipe Recipe
1. To make pizza base, just take 1 cup of bajra and make dough with salt and water.
2. Roll the dough and use a round object or cookie cutter to make perfect rounds. Make sure it is covered with dry bajra flour.
3. Dry roast them, brushing a little water on both sides. Chef Meghna advises that since the bajra is gluten-free, one must ensure that it does not dry out and come off easily.
4. Roast the base a bit to get the right crispiness and crunch.
5. Don’t forget to apply ghee on the base of the mini pizza
6. Spread pizza sauce, choice of toppings and grated cheese
7. Take the same pan and pour some ghee on the surface of the pan.
8. Place the millet pizza, cover and bake.
9. Serve hot with melted cheese!
Check out a video for this healthy recipe:
This healthy pizza recipe is easy to cook, nutritious and will appeal to young and old alike. Try!
If the idea of a millet pizza doesn’t excite you much, here are some other ways to make your pizza healthier.
Also Read: Low Calorie Pizza Recipe That Also Makes Diabetics Happy
How to make pizza healthier
As someone who loves conventional pizza, you might be wondering if there are ways to give pizza a healthier twist. The answer is yes. From the base you choose, to the types of cheeses and toppings you choose, to the portions you consume, it all can make a difference if you want it to. You can even opt for a homemade tomato-based spread rather than choosing the market-bought variety as it contains preservatives. The idea of healthy eating is to be aware of what you need to eat and how much!
Leave a Reply