US News & World Report released its 13th annual ranking of the best hotels for travelers this week.
The ranking, published on Tuesday, are based on three factors: the number of awards received from the travel industry, the star rating of a hotel, and customer reviews on the Tripadvisor travel site.
According to the press release, more weight was given to “highly selective” award recipients, as well as those who received more traveler reviews. This makes it more difficult for new hotels to break into the higher ranks of the annual list.
The report only ranks “luxury” hotels and resorts, which U.S. News defines as those that consistently score a 4-5 star average, though it now also includes some 3.5 star hotels, said the society.
To be considered, hotels must also have at least 20 rooms, according to the release.
The best hotels in the United States
Here are the top-rated hotels in the United States:
- Acqualina Resort & Residences — Miami, Florida
- The Canyon Suites at the Phoenician, a Luxury Collection resort — Scottsdale, AZ
- Pendry West Hollywood— Los Angeles, California
- Kiawah Island Golf Resort Sanctuary — Kiawah Island, South Carolina
- The Inn and Club at Harbor Town, Sea Pines Resort – Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Miami’s Acqualina Resort & Residences took the top spot in the United States for the first time. It features three swimming pools, ocean views and an award-winning spa.
US News has also published additional hotel rankings that can be searched by state or city.
For example, travelers can search for the best hotels in California or explore hotel rankings in 46 different cities and locations, such as La Jolla, Disneyland, and Napa Valley.
They can then filter hotels based on star rating, price, and amenities.
The best hotels in Europe
Here are the top-rated hotels in Europe:
- Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam — Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo — Tremezzo, Italy
- La Reserve Paris Hotel and Spa — Paris, France
- The Goring — London, UK
- The Connaught— London, UK
Last year’s No. 1 hotel, Le Bristol Paris, moved up to No. 6 this year.
Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam took first place in Europe for the first time. It comprises six canal-side mansions and houses a two-star Michelin restaurant specializing in vegetarian cuisine.
The Waldorf Astoria hotel in Amsterdam comprises six interconnecting houses along the Herengracht canal.
Sebastien Kroes | open time | Getty Images
Europe’s #2 hotel, Grand Hotel Tremezzo, overlooks Italy’s famous Lake Como.
The US News & World Ranking also ranks hotels in 39 European countries, from Albania to Wales.
Similar to the US ranking, visitors can base themselves on these rankings by “popular regions”, such as Capri, Cinque Terre and Venice in Italy.
The best hotels in the Caribbean
Here are the top-rated hotels in the Caribbean:
- Cap Juluca, A Belmond Hotel, Anguilla — Maundays Bay, Anguilla
- Jumby Bay Island, Oetker collection — Jumby Bay Island, Antigua
- Jade Hill Station — Soufriere, Saint Lucia
- Cheval Blanc St-Barth Ile de France — Saint Barthelemy
- Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club — Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
The Caribbean’s finest hotel, Cap Juluca, offers domed villas with ocean views and direct beach access.
A view of St. Lucia’s Pitons Mountains from Jade Mountain Resort, which was rated the third best hotel in the Caribbean in 2023 by US News & World Report.
thomasfluegge | E+ | Getty Images
Hotel #2, Jumby Bay Island in Antigua, offers snorkeling expeditions and kayaking tours for guests.
US News & World Report also released new rankings for Canada, Mexico and Bermuda.
Separately, it also ranks all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico, which were topped by Jumby Bay Island, Oetker Collection and Grand Velas Los Cabos, respectively.
Leave a Reply