Even though Valentine’s Day is celebrated on February 14, you can already feel the love in the air. If you plan to go out and enjoy a meal at a fancy restaurant, switch it up. If you’re looking for fun and healthy ideas for Valentine’s Day, how about a cooking night with your partner at home? They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so cooking up some delicious and healthy meals is just perfect! But why should you do all the work and let him have his fun? Embark on it and try these healthy Valentine’s Day recipes with your partner!
HealthShots got in touch with Shruti Keluskar, Executive Nutritionist, Cloudnine Group of Hospitals, Pune, to help you cook healthy food with your partner. After all, cooking is good for your mental health!
Valentine’s Day ideas you can plan with your partner in the kitchen
1. Strawberry Mousse
Strawberries are full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties (red fruits to include in a healthy diet). The flavonoid content they contain helps reduce age-related weight gain, Keluskar says.
• 1 cup strawberries
• ½ cup of ginger
• 1 teaspoon of pink salt
• 1 teaspoon of sugar
• Heart shaped ice cubes
• Store ice cream in the refrigerator. If you have a heart-shaped tray, you can have the heart-shaped cubes. Otherwise, the regular ones will also do.
• Add ginger ale and 1/2 cup strawberries to a blender.
• Use the remaining 1/2 cup strawberries to make a pulp. Add a little water and sugar to it.
• To serve, dip the rim of the glass in pink salt and add 1 spoonful of strawberry pulp to the bottom.
• Pour in the mixed mixture in half quantity and delicately place the ice cubes.
2. Multigrain Toast with Mexican Spinach Dip
Spinach is a source of vitamins and minerals (health benefits of spinach). Being an excellent source of iron, it helps decrease oxidative stress in the body.
• 1 multigrain bread
• 1/2 cup roasted seeds
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup chopped spinach
• 1/2 cup grated cheese
• 1 teaspoon lime juice
• Chilli powder
• Smoked paprika
• Cut the sandwich loaves and toast them with the seeds and butter in a pan.
• For the dip, combine the rest of the ingredients and cook for about 20 minutes.
• Serve the toasted bread with the delicious creamy dip.
3. Thai paneer skewer
This tasty protein recipe is a great appetizer or snack. Paneer (benefits of paneer) or cottage cheese is a good source of calcium and fat-soluble vitamins A and D, says the expert. Sesame seeds are excellent sources of manganese and calcium.
• 100 grams of paneer
• 1 tablespoon of Thai curry paste
• 1 teaspoon of ginger and garlic paste
• 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon corn flour
• Chilli flakes
• Sesame seeds, black and white
• Sugar and salt for taste
• Cut the paneer into cubes of equal size and put a toothpick in each cube.
• For the marinade, combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
• Place the toothpicks in the marinade so that the paneer cubes remain completely soaked.
• Cover the bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for one hour.
• For grilling, place the cubes in a frying pan and grill them in batches.
• Make sure they are cooked evenly on all sides.
• For garnish, add sesame seeds and chili flakes.
Cheesecake is enjoyed by many, but the calories that come with a piece of cheesecake are something to be concerned about. This cheesecake recipe is perfect if you’re looking for a healthy dessert for Valentine’s Day.
• 10 oatmeal cookies
• 1/2 cup of butter
• 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
• 3 packets of cream cheese
• 2 tablespoons of sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• For the crust, mix the crushed oatmeal cookies with the melted butter and let set in the refrigerator for one hour.
• For the cream, combine the rest of the ingredients and blend well in a high-speed blender until smooth. Transfer to a loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes until set.
• Take it out of the oven and when it has come back to room temperature, keep it in the fridge to firm up.
Cooking improves mood. When you choose it as one of your ideas for Valentine’s Day, you will find that it makes food taste sweeter. Or even if you end up spoiling the dish, you’ll get memories that will last you a lifetime. So cook it!
Leave a Reply