Traditional marketing strategies are no longer effective as customer demands and expectations have changed. These days, businesses and retailers must give their all to employee training and best practices to beat the competition. As many companies have already emerged with perfect customer satisfaction processes, it is time for each of them to adopt a more customer-centric business strategy.
However, it can be difficult to keep up with trends as technologies change rapidly and businesses must adopt and adapt these concepts to stay relevant in the market. Of course, this doesn’t always apply as some businesses have other goals and target audiences, so it’s best to find ways to tailor your organization based on your location, competition, desired customers, etc. .
This article discusses maintaining high customer satisfaction rates in times of rapid technological change.
Regardless of the time period, feedback is what sets a business apart from others. Anything about the information, ideas, issues, and feedback shared by your audience regarding their experiences with your business can be incorporated into a development strategy. If you want to know what you’re doing, the bad or the good can be easily found if you constantly seek people’s opinions of your products and services.
Therefore, collecting feedback is the best method to seek improvements. There are several ways to do this:
- Surveys (one-question format or longer);
- Email and customer contact forms
- Usability testing (although they are more complex)
- Customer interviews
- social media
- On-site activity
- Instant Website Feedback
You should also be wary of the challenges you may face when approaching this strategy. For example, after the polls, you might find that most responses were politely positive because people weren’t really thinking of something they would need or want and just offered a sympathetic opinion. This can be frustrating as you invest financial and timely resources.
At the same time, you may find unnecessarily hostile responses to your products or the services of your employees, forming a barrier that you cannot cross. Finally, these surveys can turn customers against you because they sometimes expect you to change something about a product in a few days or weeks when in reality the development process naturally takes longer.
Application of customer feedback
Based on the responses you got from the surveys you conducted, it would be best to try and apply them to your business strategies. By doing so, you prove that your business is reliable and customers will expect you to make changes when needed. Therefore, if people feel their needs have been listened to, you will boost customer satisfaction and attract new customers.
However, you should be aware that it is difficult to change all the “unpleasant” aspects of your business, so you should take it easy and find what is the most urgent task. For example, you may see different opinions about your shipping cost or delivery time. Still, you need to choose what your business is capable of handling at the moment and what you consider more critical at the moment.
Besides developing your products and services, you can also apply customer feedback by:
- Improve the training needs of your employees so that they can meet customer expectations;
- Follow up with customers after a change has been made to let them know that you have considered their opinion;
Conduct an in-depth analysis
If you are unhappy with the potential outcome, you can try to do more research on the company’s productivity in customer satisfaction. For example, one way to measure customer needs is to identify performance and excitement requirements using a model that considers their emotions more than product functionality. This is a Kano analytics approach that works by categorizing the characteristics of a service or product in five ways:
- Must-have features that are vital but wouldn’t necessarily impress customers;
- One-dimensional characteristics that are not included in the final product;
- Attractive features that increase the value of the product;
- Indifferent attributes that make customers wonder if the product is good or not;
- Inverted attributes that do not increase customer satisfaction despite being high quality;
In this analysis process, customers have two questions:
- How do you feel if you have this feature?
- How do you feel if you don’t have this feature?
Although it looks quite simple, you must read the scale carefully after getting the answers because this analysis is quite difficult to perform, which is mainly its disadvantage. This can get quite tedious, but what it can do is:
- Identify the needs and desires of customers;
- Provide sufficient advice for the development of products and services;
- Show you what needs to be improved to achieve the best result;
Offer multi-channel support
Finally, one of the most important actions to take is to provide an array of customer support services so that you can be contactable for any type of customer. At the same time, people tend to use more than one channel medium, so it’s best to integrate them into your website, including the following:
- Live chat support is ideal for answering basic knowledge questions embedded in your employee training;
- Social media support is perfect for customers who spend most of their time on the internet and interact with your business frequently;
- E-mail support is effective for exchanging sensitive files or complex information;
- Phone support is ideal for customers who need to follow steps, such as how to learn how to properly use your software;
Having multiple ways to speak with customers not only indicates that your team is prepared and professional, but also provides customers with certain disabilities the opportunity to express themselves and make their needs a priority.
At the end of the line
To improve customer satisfaction, you need to put your customers’ needs first. But you also need to apply those aspects and actually change what they complained about, so you need to do some serious research to make your approach successful. So start by gathering honest feedback and end by providing multiple communication channels to fully engage with your audience.
Leave a Reply