Actor Alec Baldwin leaves his home as he faces charges of manslaughter in the shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of the movie ‘Rust’ in New York City on January 31, 2023.
David Dee Delgado | Reuters
Alec Baldwin has pleaded not guilty to manslaughter charges for his role in the fatal shooting on the set of the movie “Rust,” which will continue shooting under conditions set by a New Mexico judge on Thursday.
Baldwin will be allowed “to have contact with potential witnesses” only in relation to his completion and the promotion of the film, Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer said in a court filing.
Although he is authorized to work with these witnesses, Baldwin is not permitted to discuss with them “the accident in question” or “the substance of his potential testimony or that of witnesses in the case”. . He is not allowed to interact with witnesses in any capacity beyond his work on the film.
The film’s producers announced last week that they would continue filming this spring. Baldwin is also a producer in addition to starring in “Rust.”
Along with the criminal prosecution, the Oscar-winning actor is facing a civil lawsuit from the family of Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer who was shot on set.
Baldwin is permitted to speak about the accident with the witnesses who are named co-defendants in the civil case as long as the attorneys are present, Sommer said in the same filing.
The judge’s decision came the same day Baldwin filed a waiver for his first court appearance, scheduled for Friday. Sommer approved the waiver with a series of conditions, including that Baldwin cannot possess firearms or consume alcohol, and that he must obey restrictions on interacting with witnesses while he shoots the film.
Leave a Reply