Windows 11 is expected to be enhanced with AI technology in the next few years, and one area of the interface is to be revamped with artificial intelligence soon enough, perhaps, if a new report is on the money.
That would be Instant Layouts and the overall Instant Support experience in Windows 11, or so Zac Bowden from Windows Central (opens in a new tab) – a prolific Microsoft leaker – believes.
A smart capture experience is to be launched, according to unnamed sources, which will offer features such as remembering defined groups of captured applications, so that these commonly used groups can be reactivated with a single click. Clever.
Additionally, it looks like Microsoft is thinking about populating snap suggestions in the snap drop-down menu – suggested apps positioned in different snap configurations, with optical character recognition (OCR) technology incorporated here.
This OCR will make it easier for users to find the apps they need in the instant suggestions view. You’ll be able to find an app you want to embed by searching for a word (or image) that you remember spotting, for example, an app or a webpage (even if that word isn’t in the page title).
Another feature that is currently being tested internally is the idea of dynamically switching apps to give most of the screen to the one currently in use.
Say you have two apps running, one commands 60% screen and the other 40%, and you switch to use the latter – then Windows 11 will give 60% screen, which will effectively change apps in a smart way. depending on what you actually use.
Analysis: AI-powered screen capture could be coming soon enough
All of these features would greatly boost the usefulness and overall usability of Instant Layouts. Oddly enough, the latest preview build of Windows 11 comes with a change to show the active app icon in the pop-up drop-down menu, and an adjustment to ensure the drop-down menu displays faster when the Restore button is hovered over.
It looks like Microsoft has major plans to bring Instant Layouts more to the fore in multitasking in Windows, and as we noted in our previous article, a reference to Instant Suggestions (as mentioned above) has already been spotted in the new preview build of Windows 11 (hidden in the background, beware).
This would suggest that the cogs are already turning when it comes to adding the AI improvements described above to snipping in Windows 11, so we might see things happening in preview builds sooner. how late.
Leave a Reply